I guess I’m getting old. Yesterday I did Self-Destruct Sequence in 36:52 — six minutes behind my record time of 30:20 back in March ’16.
How about you give it a try?
Post your times here in the comments and share your thoughts on what it was like. I’d love to hear from you.
Without further ado, the Cabal Fang Martial Arts Training Involution of the Week!
Kicking it with Self-destruct sequence: Training Involution of the Week #116
1. Shadowboxing Kick Combos (180 kicks total). Keep your usual fighting shape throughout — trust me these combos still work — and don’t muck around. Kick like you mean it.
- 10 @ L. Knee + R. Roundhouse
- 10 @ R. Knee + L. Roundhouse
- 10@ L. Stomp + R. Push Kick + L. Roundhouse
- 10 @ R. Stomp + L. Push Kick + R. Roundhouse
- 10 @ L. Side Kick + R. Back Kick + R. Side Kick + L. Roundhouse
- 10 @ R. Side Kick + L. Back Kick + L. Side Kick + R. Roundhouse
2. “S.A.F.E. M.P.” Kicks vs. Heavy Bag. Set timer for 1:00 rounds. Complete two sets of “SAFE MARTIAL PRACTICE” (12 mins total), taking as few 12-count breaks as needed to finish without throwing up:
- S. = Speed (as many kicks as you can)
- A. = Accuracy (Add Xs with tape and hit them)
- F. = Form (best form possible)
- E. = Endurance (no rest breaks no matter how bad it hurts)
- M. = Mobility (lots of foot maneuvers, head movement, and off-angling)
- P. = Power (max power shots only — try to split the bag open)
3. Self-Destruct Sequence
Doesn’t matter if you break it up in pieces, do it in circuits, or rip it straight through; doesn’t even matter if you have to substitute an exercise or two because of your fitness level. Just modify, adapt, and get the damned thing done. Video of the exercises below.
- Zombie Squats (50)
- Push-ups, diamond (25)
- Jump Squats (100)
- 10-Count Bodybuilders (25)
- Pikes/Leg Triangles (25)
- Jump Squats, split (50)
- Push-ups, Sit-out (25)
- Bicycles (50 each side)
- Burpees (25)
- Twisters (25 each side)
- Wall Touches (100)
- Push-ups, hopping/clapping (25)
Did you like Self-Destruct Sequence? The you might really like my book The Calisthenics Codex. There are some real beauties in there, like “Gym Class Flashback,” “Cell Block Montage,” “Bad Karma,” “Very Bad Karma” and many more. Available wherever fine eBooks are sold!
- Click here to get it at Barnes & Noble
- Click here to get it on iTunes/iBooks
- Click here to get it at Kobo
- Go here get it at Smashwords in any format