We won’t be selecting the February focuses until later this morning, so for now, let’s just just honor Bill Murray’s iconic Groundhog Day by completing the Training Involution from this week way back in 2015.
Groundhog Day 2015 & 2019: Training Involution #142
- GROUND-FIGHTING CONDITIONER #1 (10 MINS, see below)
- JUMP ROPE (10 mins w/ 1 lb. wrist weights, AFAYC)
- CONTEMPLATION — 10 MINS
GROUND-FIGHTING CONDITIONER #1
Set timer for two minutes and take as few few 12 second breaks as possible:
- Circle the bag for 2 mins: Forearms on bag and toes on floor are only points of contact. Circle the bag using only legs and feet, alternating directions, until the timer beeps.
- Mount the bag for 2 mins: Strike 10 times as hard as you can. Body lock the bag, barrel-roll, regain mount, and repeat until the timer beeps.
- Roll the bag for 2 mins: Lay on your back with heavy-bag perpendicularly on top of your body. Roll it up and down across torso, pushing and pulling like a rolling pin. From time to time, press up the bag and let it drop on your torso to maintain your tolerance for the stresses of wrestling. Continue for entire round.
- Defend the bag for 2 mins: Lay on your back with back on top of you longways. Push up the bag w/ left hand and strike it five times with the right, then switch and strike with the left hand. Repeat for two minutes.
- Side Mount the bag for 2 mins: Scissor legs each direction 3 times, then scramble over bag with forearms and toes only. Repeat. When the timer beeps, you’re done.