This week I’m going to hook you up with a little knowledge lecture about Hermeticism. Why? Two reasons:
- Because Hermeticism is the backbone of the spirituality of Cabal Fang,
- And people often ask what the hell Hermeticism has to do with martial arts (like Fernan Vargas did on the Raven Talk podcast).
Here’s the video — hope you find it fun and enjoyable.
And now for Cabal Fang Workout of the Week #74
Cabal Fang Workout of the Week #74
- Slip ball. Get in front of your slip ball for 10 minutes. If you are serious about boxing or kickboxing you should be doing this twice a week until the end of time. Pursue slip ball with enough sincerity to be sweaty when you’re done. Don’t know how to use a slip ball? Watch this. Don’t have a slip ball? Put anything on the end of a string and hang it up, or make a proper one by drilling a hole in a tennis ball and running some para-cord through it.
- Power kick pyramids vs. heavy bag. Set timer for 10 minutes. Throw a Side Kick pyramid to 4 with left leg forward, switch stance, and do another with right leg forward. Switch stance. Throw a Roundhouse/Switch Kick pyramid with left leg forward, switch, and then throw another with right leg forward. Repeat until the timer beeps. Kick as hard and fast as you can for max power. Each pyramid = 1 kick, then 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1 with only a short beat between groupings. See if you can get through 12 pyramids — the whole thing 3 times — before the timer beeps (that would be 192 kicks).
- Caduceus meditation. Symbols effect your mind in ways that words and sounds cannot. One of the best ways to use and interact with symbols is to sketch them in your own hand. Draw a caduceus on a piece of paper. Then prop it up such that it’s at eye level when you’re in your chosen meditative posture. Narrow your eyes to slits, regulate your breathing, and meditate on the drawing for about 10 minutes. Record your thoughts and impressions in your training journal.
Did you enjoy reading this? Then the Cabal Fang book will blow your mind. Buy a paper copy on Amazon or from Createspace or download the ebook here.