News broke that Blue Öyster Cult is working on a new album. While that fills me with joy and anticipation, I’m also disappointed that I won’t be showing up in the album credits.
I want to collaborate with Blue Öyster Cult.
I truly believe that the band could return to packing stadiums like they did in the 70’s — and I think I could show them how. Yes, I know that’s a bold statement , borderline whacko in fact. But let me break it down.
How am I qualified to be a collaborator with Blue Öyster Cult?
- My moderately popular novel Chatters on the Tide , inspired by their lyrics, themes and music, has been downloaded thousands of times and is currently #11 in Metaphysical Fiction at Smashwords.com.
- Blue Öyster Cult is my favorite band. I know their lyrics backwards and forwards (pun intended) and I practically have the Blue Öyster Cult FAQ memorized.
- I’m a martial artist master, spiritual teacher, executive manager, and skilled negotiator. I’m not intimidated by big obstacles or difficult situations and my specialty is consensus building. I’m an expert at bringing people together to realize a common vision.
What makes you think Blue Öyster Cult could return to packing stadiums like they did in the 70’s?
- Talent deep and wide. They’re a team of master musicians featuring seasoned veterans as well as cracking young guns. See video below.
- They’ve got legs. Here’s a sample of their YouTube view totals: Don’t Fear The Reaper 6.8 million views, Veteran of the Psychic Wars 3.3 million views, Burnin’ For You 1.3 million views.
- Elite Prog Rock roots. Modern Prog Rock bands like Coheed and Cambria are selling like hotcakes and filling venues, Why not the masters?
- J. K. Rowling is a big fan. She named a book after one of their albums and referenced their lyrics. Doesn’t prove my point but it’s a fun factoid though.
What should I do if I think you’re right?
- Share this post. Tweet it, Facebook it, go hog-wild.
- Reach out to the band. Six degrees of separation, right? Somebody reading this right now knows somebody who can get me in front of the band for a sit-down.
- Share your ideas with me. Post in the comments.
- Watch this space. I’m going to start sharing poetry and ideas that could be used for thematic and/or lyrical inspiration. Follow and share.
Now watch this preposterously good video featuring Blue Öyster Cult’s youngest member, Richie Castellano.