“If you can’t run, you walk. If you can’t walk, you crawl. If you can’t crawl, you find someone to carry you.”
This week’s T.I. is about understanding the power of realizing you are not alone.
Yesterday, when I did this week’s T.I., I thought of the above quote from Firefly, one of my favorite TV shows. This T.I. was so hard that the only way I could make it through was to think about the fact that if we were training together — me, you, and the rest of the Cabal Fang crew — none of us would ever let anybody quit.
So I imagined you were there with me, that you were there encouraging me, helping me, making suggestions on how to modify exercises, and asking me to dig deep.
Your brothers and sisters in Cabal Fang are right there with you. Now go get it done.
Firefly Style: Cabal Fang Martial Arts Training Involution #157
- Warm up for a full 8 minutes.
- 3 sets of HSPUs to failure. If you can’t do HSPUs, do Jackknife Push-ups. If you can’t do them, do Regular Push-ups.
- 3 sets of Squats. 2 x 5 + 1 set to failure. Pick a weight that works for you (I used 110 lbs).
- 10 x 10 yards of Heavy Bear Walks. Select two hex dumbbells. Go way lighter than you think you need. I used 10 pounders. Bear Walk with dumbbells in hand for 10 yards. Stop and do 10 Push-ups with a Plank Row between, alternating sides. Repeat 10 more times for a total of 100 yards of Bear Walks, 100 Push-ups and 100 Rows.
- Unless you are Captain America, you are going to fail at this. When you do start failing, imagine me and all of the other people in Cabal Fang working right there with you. If you gas on the Bear Walks, drop the dumbbells and go on without them. If you gas on the Push-ups or Plank Rows, come up and do them on knees. Switch to lighter dumbbells halfway through if necessary. Make whatever changes you have to make and take as many 12-count breaks as you need. The only rule is don’t give up.
- Cool down for 3 minutes.
- Stretch and practice contemplation.
- Record what you learned in your training journal.
Pingback: Locomotion: Martial Arts Training Involution #173 | Robert Mitchell Jr.