This month’s martial focus is Evasion, and the spiritual focus is the Hand of Mysteries (see right). These will the thematic elements around which the weekly Mettle Makers will revolve this month.
Heads up! This week’s mettle maker contains a coupon code for a flash sale at Mitch’s General Store so read on.
Handprints: Mettle Maker #246
- Warm-up thoroughly for at at least 8 minutes. Do 2-3 minutes each of (a) jumping rope (b) light calisthenics and (c) shadowboxing, forms, light heavy bag work, or 8 minutes of MBF.
- Do the February constitutional. Calisthenics are the most efficient fitness investment when you factor in equipment cost, space, time investment, injury risk, and functional strength. Do this month’s constitutional: 25 BRPs, 100 WTCs. 50 ZSQs, 25 CNPs, 100 JJKs, 25 GUPs, and 25 PUPs.
- Put your hands on your floor bag and on the ground and make tracks. Get out your floor bag or grappling dummy and set timer for 10 minutes. Complete 6 Wrestling Shots away from your floor bag, Bear Walk back, and then pick up the bag and squeeze it as hard as you can using a Gable grip. When you gas out on the squeeze, put down the bag and repeat. Cycle through this as many times as you can in 10 minutes. If you aren’t breathing hard when you get done, you are either a very fit person or you paced yourself. Created using Scufflin’ Dice © — available at Mitch’s General Store. Use coupon code FEBFLASH at checkout to get any set of dice for 50% off.
- Look for some handprints in the snow — some critter handprints that is. As I mentioned last week, the snow makes animal tracks incredibly easy to spot and follow, and it’s so much fun. Last week we tracked a raccoon. This week watch this video and go look at a rabbit and a squirrel to see if we can determine which way they’re jumping.
- Speak to the hand. The Hand of Mysteries that is. Watch this cool video about this remarkable symbol.
TWO MARTIAL ARTS DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE. 100% free and operated through my non-profit, Cabal Fang is martial arts for personal development, self-defense and fitness. Bobcat Frontier Martial Arts is just $19.99/month and that’s your choice if you’re interested in Frontier Rough ‘n’ Tumble — the fighting arts, survival skills, lifeways and ethos of the colonial and indigenous peoples of North American during the frontier period (1607 – 1912). What are you waiting for — enroll today!