First your Cabal Fang Workout of the Day, and then a little bout of “Did you know?”
The theme of today’s WOD is is grappling, a.k.a. the clinch, a.k.a. stand-up wrestling, and the workout itself is a puke-inducing two-parter as follows:
- Choose a sandbag of appropriate weight (I used at #20) and set timer for 10 mins. Complete as may sets as possible of 8 each: Hop Push-ups (alternating hands on sandbag, on knees if you must), Flutter Kicks (while holding sandbag up with elbows locked), and Split Squats (sandbag on shoulder). Take as few 12-second breaks as you need to finish.
- Grappling Conditioner #2. Set timer for 3 x 3:00/1:00 and square up against your heavy bag. For the 3:00, splay, punch x2, splay, punch x4, splay, punch x6, etc. up to splay, punch x10. Start over and repeat as many sets as you can until 3:00 is up. For the 1:00 so-called “break,” grab heavy bag with a palm-to-palm grip and squeeze with all your might, making sure you are applying sword-bone forearm pressure (if you are a visual learner, video below). Repeat twice more for a total of 3 rounds, 12 mins total. Take as few 12-second breaks as you need to avoid throwing up.
Now for a little “Did you know?” Did you know…
- That I’ve been maintaining a Productivity Log since January of 2012 that contains all my workouts and various other personal activities, and that it’s a treasure trove of workout ideas and inspiration?
- That I have six books to my credit — two non-fiction martial arts books, one non-fiction fitness book, and three supernatural romance novels (which are currently on pre-order as a bundle)?
- That I designed some one-of-a-kind fitness dice and wrote a whole heap of personal improvement pamphlets that are available over at PTDICE.com — and that I include a free t-shirt with every order?
- That in 2009 I founded a really cool martial art called Cabal Fang?
- That there’s a Temple of Cabal Fang that contains, among other things, a library of over 100 esoteric books, most of which are cataloged here?