The Bulletproof® coffee experiment ended after only five days. Here’s a breakdown of my experience:
- Day One: I did in fact feel bulletproof. I had a super workout and bottomless energy all day. Might have been placebo effect.
- Day Two: I was so non-specifically angry that my workout was unfocused and I had to spend a half hour meditating in order to get my head sufficiently together to go to work and be around other people. Very scary and unpleasant. I’m a happy-go-lucky guy and it freaked me out.
- Days Three and Four: Better, but sill cranky and irascible until noon.
- Day Five: A forty-minute morning workout felt like the Bataan Death March. Mood almost as bad as day two. As I got into the truck to go to the office I hit my head on the visor. Didn’t even hurt, yet it took every bit of self control I had to stop myself from ripping the visor off and hurling it into the street. End of experiment.
- Final waistline and weight results: Zilch. Waist and weight measurements exactly the same on Day Five as they were on Day One.
I can only guess that the destruction of my mood was caused by hormone changes (testosterone boost?) and/or crankiness caused by ketogenesis.
This stuff might work for some people, but for me it’s Kryptonite.