After many half-hearted attempts since exiting college thirty years ago, I have resolved to make real go of it as a writer. Here’s where I am as of today:
- Two of my novels are out being professionally formatted and prepared for upload on Smashwords. Planned release is 9/30/12.
- I will be tabling at Richmond Zinefest on October 6th to sell my goods, network, and hopefully talk some people into becoming fans of my stuff. The plan is to begin making regular public appearances on a monthly basis — attending local events, hosting workshops, and so forth.
- I have a request from a major magazine to write a martial arts article. Photos have been taken I should have that done and to the feature editor shortly. Since the request was “on spec,” there’s no way of knowing if it’ll ever see print. Keeping my fingers crossed.
- I have decided to take ownership of the really great occult-oriented material I’ve been writing under my alter-ego Modred since 2007. If you’re interested that kind of thing, or if you’re just curious, read this post. As a result you’ll see some new links and a new category across the top of the blog.
- I created a really retro business card based on my grandfather’s business card. I’ve put them up here side-by-side so you can compare and reflect because, well, I think it’s a pretty cool idea.