It’s getting dark early now that we’ve done the whole Daylight-Savings-Time-Fall-Back-thing. Pretty soon the martial arts club will be going to Winter hours, canceling Tuesday nights and meeting Saturday afternoons only.
I shot this video on Tuesday. This is the blessing with which we close all our meetings. Gotta say, my guys are the best.
And now for your two-part WOD. This is only 20 minutes, but trust me, you’ll be pushing some serious carbon dioxide around your workout space.
- Sandbag Workout. Choose a bag at least 15% body weight and complete AMSAYC in 10 mins of 10 Prisoner Get-ups and 10 Squat-Curl-Presses.
- Ground Fighting Conditioner #1. Set timer for two minutes and take as few 12 second breaks as possible:
- Circle the bag: Forearms on bag and toes on floor are only points of contact. Circle the bag using only legs and feet, alternating directions, until the timer beeps.
- Mount the bag: Strike 10 times as hard as you can. Body lock the bag, barrel-roll, regain mount, and repeat until the timer beeps.
- Roll the bag: Lay on your back with heavy-bag perpendicularly on top of your body. Roll it up and down across torso, pushing and pulling like a rolling pin. From time to time, press up the bag and let it drop on your torso to maintain your tolerance for the stresses of wrestling. Continue for entire round.
- Defend the bag: Lay on your back with back on top of you longways. Push up the bag w/ left hand and strike it five times with the right, then switch and strike with the left hand. Repeat for two minutes.
- Side Mount the bag: Scissor legs each direction 3 times, then scramble over bag with forearms and toes only. Repeat. When the timer beeps, you’re done.