It’s been a while since I put up one of my quick-n-dirty, four-ingredients-or-less recipes. So let me show you what I had for dinner one night last week and then give you a WOD that will fry your butt into a crispy wonton.
Chicken Romaine Tacos
- Fresh, all natural or free range chicken tenders
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Sriracha mustard (I use Kroger sweet hot mustard)
- Mayonnaise (I use Duke’s Olive Oil Mayo in the squirt bottle)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spray a nonstick frying pan (or griddle) with oil and turn on medium heat. Put chicken on, salt and pepper liberally, and set timer for 4 mins. While chicken is cooking, rinse lettuce leaves and pat dry. When timer beeps, flip chicken, salt and pepper liberally, and set timer for 3 mins. Wash, peel, decorate and slice cucumbers to suit your fancy. When timer beeps again, check the fattest tender with a meat thermometer and make sure it says 155 F. If it does, put chicken on a plate to rest and reach 160 F (2 or 3 mins). While you wait, put a stripe each of mustard and mayo in each leaf and put a fan of cukes on each plate. When the chicken has rested, slide a tender or two into each leaf and you’re ready to eat.
The Fried Wontons WOD
- Weights — 5 x 10 of Shrugs, Squat Press, Sit-ups, Goblet Squats
- Calisthenics — AMSAYC* in 8 mins of 8 ea. Staggered Push-ups, Side Crunch, Zombie Squats, Full Stop Push-ups, and Twisters. If you don’t get through 5 sets in 8 mins, tack on 100 Squats.
- Kicks — Heavy bag Strike Count Drill. 4 x 1:00/:30 AMAYC* with Right Leg Roundhouse. If strike count for 4th round is less than the 1st, do 100 Squats. Repeat with Left Leg Roundhouse. Again, if strike count for 4th round is less than 1st, do 100 Squats.
- After this you should pretty much be fried crispy.
* AMSAYC = “As many sets as you can” and AMAYC = “As many as you can.”